I am not really an expo gal. But for some reason I decided to glance around the expo for the Utah Vally Half Marathon that I did in June and while I was there I picked up a few things. One of my favorites has been the Bottle Band! It’s a silicon device that goes around any bottle so you can hold it while you run.
I love this thing!
I carry my water on my long runs. I have never really been interested in a fuel belt or anything like that because the bounce scares me. (I get annoyed easily okay?) When I started running I knew I needed something so this is what I got.
I have a couple issues with it but my main issue is that as you run the strap that holds it tight loosens so I am continuously having to pull it tight again, or try to not be annoyed when it’s loose, but I have small hands and holding on to the bottle without the strap is no picnic. Also, the ribbon to hold it comes all the way out and I have to stop running and re-thread it, which has happened on a few occasions.
Am I making a big deal out of this? Yea, kinda. On a 12 mile run you have a lot of time to think about what annoys you and, well, if it’s in the palm of your hand…
I had heard about Bottle Bands before, in an online running group, so I decided to stop and pick one up. This is mine. (I paid good money for this and I am glad I did!)
I fell in love the first time I tried it, on a 12 mile run. We water dropped frozen bottles at about 4 and 8 miles. At each stop I crushed and tossed the one I had and replaced it with the icey dropped bottle. My last run was 15 miles with gas stations along the way where we ran in and refilled our drinks and got back on the road. It was perfect.
Let me count the ways I love:
- I really like holding smaller bottles. Bottle bands let you chose any size bottle, I used a disposable water bottle, I have seen them stretched to about a 5 inch diameter.
- If you twist the Bottle Band on the bottle, you can cinch is smaller for smaller hands, it holds it snug!
- Similarly, if you put the rings nearly to each other together you can make the loop bigger for larger hands.
- If you toss your bottle on you run, you can put both rings of the Bottle Band on your wrist and go hands free. (Hence, the disposable bottle… I have to weigh finding the right bottle with liking to go hands free in the end.)
- It’s about 1/5th the cost of my last contraption!
Giveaway time! Win your choice of the original or Eat. Sleep. Run.
If you don’t win, don’t worry! They have an awesome selection of colors and sayings at a very reasonable price. Just head over to their web page www.bottleband.net.
I paid good money for my Bottle Band and would gladly tell everyone how much I like it for free but the awesome crew at Bottle Band were kind enough to send me one to giveaway to you and an extra one for me. (I might share with someone I really love…) All opinions are always my own, and boy do I have opinions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway